Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Urgh

Being here since July, you kind of forget about many of the dangers here. That's not to say that this is a dangerous place, I feel perfectly safe here. However there are dangers all the same. Take my little friend here.


That is a Fer-de-lance, one of the deadliest snakes in the region. Today we came across one, and it was not happy to see us. It charged, but we left it alone and made it to safety in the launcha. These snakes are not among the deadliest in the world, but they are very dangerous as they are. These guys also live close to human settlements, so many people get bitten by them. I'm just glad that the dogs weren't there.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh dear. Glad there wasn't a dog-snake battle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be care of the snakes. I would be sared to death if i saw a snake even a baby one.
    I used to see a green snake with almost one meter long flotting along the creek.

    ReplyDelete