Saturday, May 26, 2012

Birds of Prey

While we waited in Lethbridge, we decided to visit the Birds of Prey exhibit in nearby Coaldale.

At the centre, we were greeted by a cute little burrowing owl named Mario, one of the mascots of the centre. At first I thought that Mario was only there to greet the visitors, but then one of the staff members brought out a small stack of gloves and we soon found ourselves handling Mario.

After we had all had our turn with Mario, we began to explore the entire sanctuary. I think these pictures will tell a better story than anything I could possibly write.










At the sanctuary, it's expected to see birds like the vultures, eagles, and hawks. But there was one group of birds that I did not expect to see, and that was an entire army of ducks. When I first saw them, they were on the other side of the enclosure, and I didn't think about them all too much. However, as we got closer, the ducks saw us, and they ran right over to us.

You would think that a bunch of ducks are cute, and you would be correct. However, when they start swarming you, they become a little interesting. Perhaps the most hilarious part was that they thought that my shoe laces were food. Still, they were a great addition to the sanctuary and were perhaps the most memorable part.






Can you identify the birds in this picture? I will post the answers at a later date.


In other news, starting tomorrow I will also start a new feature on my twitter account: Puppy Pic of the Day. Everyday I will post a picture of my dogs, or other interesting dogs I see. I hope you check it out and enjoy all the puppy love.

3 comments:

  1. Your posts are beatifully written. Im sorry i was unable tosay goodbye to you before youvleft Fort McMurray. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours regardless of your choices and hope that we cross pathes again in the future.

    I will continue to read your blog as long as you continue posting.

    It is an honour to know you and was a pleasure to get to know you Michael J.P. Ingram and im sorry for giving you somuch sass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok Joel.

      If you have a Google account, you can post using that and not as unknown.

      Delete