Thursday, May 31, 2012

Revelations

Another day, another day of nothing happening. Rather that abandoning the blog, and allowing myself to get in the habit of not updating, I will write about the things that I do when not seeing new things.

Today I made a lot of headway into Resident Evil: Revelations for my 3DS. I'm about 95% done, but I won't post any spoilers about the game.


This game takes place between Resident Evil 4 and 5, so this esentially fills in the gaps between Leon's mission in Spain, and the mission where Chris and Jill raid the Spencer Mansion. This game has you playing mainly as Jill Valentine, with her partner Parker Luciani, as they investigate the mysterious cruise ship, Queen Zenobia.



Gameplay wise, the game is very similar to Resident Evil 4 + 5, but your partner is less intrusive, with them being virtually invincible, the game revolves around you. Combat involves your typical third person RE styled shooter (with the option to switch to First Person), with some puzzle solving and exploration.


The feature I like the most though, is the way the store unfolds in episodic form. You can tell that this was made to be a portable game as each section is divided into short bursts. One minute you can be restoring power to a part of the ship, the next moment you're raiding an abandoned airport in Europe with a new pair of characters. It really feels like playing a TV show, and it works perfectly.



If you have a 3DS and need something new to play, I highly suggest getting Resident Evil: Revelations. It's not just a great 3DS game, it's a great game period.


No comments:

Post a Comment