Sunday, May 27, 2012

Cowboys

The honest truth is that I did nothing interesting today. So rather than post nothing, I'll tell you about something I saw yesterday.

While driving to Spring Coulee, we passed by many farms and ranches as the norm in southern Alberta. As we drove, we noticed the vehicle in front of us had hammered its brakes, thus we stopped abruptly as well. After coming to a stop, we saw to small calves crossing the highway and they trotted off into a field. I tried to take a picture of them, but unfortunately, by the time I got my camera ready, they had wandered off far into the distance.

Roughly half an hour later, we were traveling back to Lethbridge, and we saw two cowboys riding on horses where we had seen the calves. This was the first time I had seen a real cowboy outside of areas like Klondike Days and the like. These guys were like the exact image of the stereotypical cowboy. They had the hats, horses, stylish but rugged mustaches, and were carrying ropes to catch their cattle. I found it odd seeing these men, but even I couldn't resist the romantic image of cattlemen.

Here are some pics of horses we found nearby. I'm not sure how used to humans these guys were, as they seemed nervous when we tried to get closer.


1 comment:

  1. When I saw the horses, I got the feeling like go straight and keep going. Love horses.

    ReplyDelete