Friday, December 28, 2012

Smokin


On Christmas Eve, I was heading to bed when I heard some fireworks. That's nothing new, I hear them all the time, however this time they were louder than ever. I looked outside and the sky was being lit with an intense show of fireworks. Braving the cold, I stepped outside to the bow of the boat to take in the whole show.

The moon was shining brighter than I had ever seen. it was like a flood light illuminating the entire boat. I had taken a flashlight with me so I could see, but the moon was so bright it was unnecessary. I sat down at the front bench. and looked up at the sky full of flames. It seemed like everyone was firing their own fireworks at the same time, because no matter where you looked, fireworks were launching.

The president of this country has a place down river from here. I hate to say it, but he had by far the most disappointing fireworks of all. Just these little things that go up a little bit and make some small light. Better step it up El Presidente.

The most amazing thing however was all the smoke. When I went out, I thought that it was foggy at first, however all of the smoke from everybody's fireworks was filling the river with a blanket of smoke. The bridge about one kilometer away was covered with smoke, and all you could see was its silhouette.

No comments:

Post a Comment