Saturday, December 1, 2012

Good Fireworks

Remember that time when I was complaining about fireworks and noise?

No?

You mean all I DO is complain, so it all blends together?

Ok, fair enough, I do complain a fair bit. Perhaps even too much. However tonight I am not going to complain about anything!

Tonight the village was having some kind of toy drive, because Christmas is less than a month away. Could have fooled me, without snow the place looks the same as when we arrived. Anyways, this toy drive ended with a firework display.

Now these are good fireworks, most people here can only afford firecrackers, which make a lot of noise, but can't be seen from the boat. What we had tonight however was the real "ring in the new year" deal. For a little under five minutes, the sky was illuminated with large bright fireworks. I have to admit, they were pretty good. Not exactly Canada Day good, but still acceptable. I think the final bang was one of the biggest fireworks I ever saw, and they were being launched a few kilometers away!

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky to see the green tree everywhere now. Here outsiide everythimg is covered by white snow and so cold.

    Enjoy the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete