Saturday, November 10, 2012

Winter

I guess it is November after all, and as it will, winter has reared it's ugly head. Like you guys back home, it has become cold, wet, and miserable. Fair enough, it can't be above thirty degrees every day here, but even so, the sun has disappeared behind a thick layer of grey clouds. I can wake up with the sun shining through my window, yet in less than an hour, it's gone and we have a full day of rain. One nice thing however is the setting sun. With all the cloud cover, the sky gets a nice shade of violet, making me think of nice winter evening.

One other amusing sight is the local people, and how they deal with the weather. In this rather mild temperature, the folks here are dressing in layers. I can go out in shorts, and they have to bundle up in sweaters. A very different look from summer.

1 comment:

  1. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... well, here it is, anyway.

    It was -18 today. Not too shabby.

    I think it's cute that people are bundling up out there :P

    ReplyDelete