Tuesday, September 18, 2012

100!

That's right people, it has finally come and it will be gone like a transcendent dream. The post of all posts, post number 1-0-0. Yes sirree Bob, it has been one hundred great original posts from me since May. You're saying that I should do something for such a splendid anniversary? Huh, well, I didn't exactly plan on doing something special...

Perhaps a summary of my favourite moments on the trip?

5. Getting a stable internet connection on the boat. Seriously, I need the internet to stay sane, and getting an antenna to receive signals was one of the best investments we made. Too bad the boat renovations means that we had to move it to a worse location. Oh well, it should be back in a few days.

4. Our stop in Texas. After a few hellish days of travelling non-stop from Ottawa to McAllen, it was nice to have a few days to recuperate. Truly, it was a paradise.

3. Trying out new food. This isn't really moment, but a collection of experiences. It's nice to see and try all the food that different places have. Some was good, others were kind of bad (Mexican McDonald's), but I suppose your mileage will vary. The pizza we had in Mexico was awesome.

2. Arriving on the boat. After our even more hellish Mexican campaign, we finally arrived at the boat. This would be placed higher, but quick discovery of roaches and giant spiders brings it down.

1. Sonic chasing the chicken. It was a stupid moment, but it was undeniably funny. Cheesing it right after he got him made it perfect.

One last note, it has actually been 116 days since I left. I wonder how many more it will be until I return to Canada?

No comments:

Post a Comment