Friday, September 21, 2012

Noooo!

Today we were cleaning some containers on the back of the boat, and I was dreading this chore. The cleaning isn't the bad part, but I knew that such an area would be home to a vast menagerie of roaches and other undesirables. We started by removing some old ropes, nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. That's good. Then came some tarps, and it started...

A whole bunch of roaches were living here, I think there must have been half a dozen there. And one is really strange. It had a typical body of a roach, but it's head was shaped almost like an ants head. Strange isn't it? It seemed more aggressive than the others, but my dad flattened it before it could go nuts. Either all the roaches were trapped in a garbage bad, or were squashed, never had so many been killed in a single day. But it got worse, much worse.

I later stopped cleaning, and left to go make supper. My parents continued cleaning out the containers on the back of the boat. A few minutes later I heard my mom yell stop, and I came up to see what was going on. My mom told me to grab the wasp spray, and right then I knew what was going on. A massive spider had appeared, one even larger than the other one I talked about before. My dad took the can of wasp spray, and just smothered this bastard with the stuff. A few seconds later he curled up and died. One less enemy to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment