Saturday, September 8, 2012

Courtesy

I want to talk about something I may have gone on about before. I'm not sure if I did, perhaps I didn't, but I'm going to do it anyway. I want to talk about the courtesy that the rich Guatemalans show all the other people, and how they need to be taken down a peg.

First off, I should talk about how the land is distributed in this country, specifically in this region. Relatively speaking, there are three types of people who own any significant land down here. Those people are either foreigners, criminals, or politicians (some might say that the latter two are the same group). You see, the people who own the land next to us, are druglords. The next three properties are owned by the druglords and their associates, and the fourth property is owned by the president of Guatemala. Strange isn't it?

But I'm not interested in who owns the land or what not. What I want to talk about is their conduct towards the common man, specifically with regards to their boating. You see here on the river, there are lots of different sized boats and lots of different things people do with their boats. There are people who live on yachts and sailboats like me, there are people who use small little boats to fish, there are those who taxi others around, etc...

What gets me is how these rich people pilot their boats. They move their boats at full speed as they move down the river, leaving a massive wake after they come by. You can feel it on the yacht when it happens, it's annoying, but I can deal with it. The people on the little boats however have it rough. When these massive wakes come by, these boats can and have been thrown into the air. This isn't good for the people, especially the children that ride with them.

I know that these people are "kings" in this land, but are you so important that you need to put others in danger? I guess I already the answer to that. However, if it's not too much trouble, slow down, that way you can appreciate you ill gotten gains a little longer.

1 comment:

  1. I know that in my first and second hometown, the local people always think they are important and always proud of the city where they were born. I feel so funny.
    One time, a man told me that he had been many cities and he thought that the best city around the world was his hometown.
    I can truly understand them.
    Take care and keep cell phone with you all the time.

    ReplyDelete