Monday, August 27, 2012

Homemade

Today the Vista Rio was advertising a New Orleans styled jambalaya as their special of the day. Now these guys are from Louisiana, so it's got to be pretty authentic, so what could go wrong? Dad loves jambalaya, so he completely abandoned all the food he bought in Guatemala City, and took me on the boat to Vista Rio. We are currently in the process of buying a new boat to travel around town in, so we went to the marina owner and borrowed one of his. After a long ordeal of starting the boat, we finally got it going, and set off for some jambalaya.



When we arrived there, I noticed that the special board was erased, so I figured that they had already ran out of jambalaya long before we arrived there, and I was soon proven quite correct. Since we were there, we decided to eat something else, and looked at their menu.

Now I love hamburgers, so I went directly to that and didn't look back. I think the hamburger is a very basic meal, and the quality of that reflects on the quality of everything else. Since I liked everything else they made on their menu, I figured this had to be a sure thing.

It was indeed a sure thing. The burger was probably the largest burger I've had since coming to Guatemala, and it was delicious. I think they marinated the patty in some kind of sauce, because it had a tasty, yet familiar flavor to it. The fries were also homemade, a big plus over those awful frozen types.

That's really all there was too it. It was a basic hamburger, but it had a good size and excellent flavor. It wasn't really picture material, but it was very good.

1 comment: