Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mystery Fruit - Revealed!

So with the past two days giving you ample time to guess what the mystery fruit was, I had one person saying that it looked like an eggplant. Well, no this isn't an eggplant, but something much more local than that. something so normal, it seems peculiar to name call it something no one here has ever seen before. The fact is, this is an extremely common fruit, what is uncommon, at least in these parts, is the size that beast grew to. 

Yes people, this crazy fruit is a 27 inch, 15.6 pound papaya. How many of you knew that papaya's grew to be that big? I sure didn't, I never actually about it, but I always assumed the store stuff was as they grew. I suppose that's kind of foolish, because you always here about giant pumpkins and other produce, but you never hear about giant apples. 

I've yet to cut the papaya open, it's now turned almost entirely yellow, and will likely go bad in a few days if not consumed quickly. I swear fruits and vegetables go bad way faster down here compared to back home. Hopefully this papaya will taste good and be worth the $6 paid for it.

1 comment: