Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Stuffed Peppers

Back home in Fort McMurray, my friends and I used to get together every so often with our own homemade dish. I remember the first time, Dustin brought over stuffed peppers, he loved making stuffed peppers. Those gatherings were virtually the only times I would eat stuffed peppers, as my parents didn't really make them all that often.

Yesterday evening, we planned to go to Vista Rio to get cheeseburgers as they were the special of the day, but Mom was being difficult. She didn't want us to go there, so instead she made us travel the other way to a restaurant we've never been to before called Rosita's.

When we arrived there, we met some Americans who also live on a boat, but had already had way too much to drink. We got in a conversation with them, one was all to eager to talk, the other had a very difficult time making a sentence, and the last one was only slightly hammered however. It was this person who told us about the special, home made stuffed peppers.

These peppers were quite delicious, they were spicy enough to not be bland, and not too spicy for my Canadian mouth. The peppers were filled with beef, cheese, and sauce, the spice worked beautifully with them. Also included, was a small serving of rice and a bit of bean paste. I admit, it wasn't too bad, I have another restaurant to add to my short list of favourites.  

1 comment:

  1. Stuffed peppers, egg rolls you have tried lots of delicious food.

    ReplyDelete