Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Enjoy the Little Things - Update!

When living on the Rio Dulce, like living in a zombie apocalyspe there are some rules you need to follow to stay alive and in the right state of mind. Some of these rules are common sense, but necessary all the same. Today, being my mothers birthday, we stopped to enjoy some of the little things, and now things don't seem quite as bad.


First bit of good news, we now have a dock connecting our boat to the land. This is great news, because now we can get the dogs onto land without having to load them into a boat and haul them off somewhere. It took over a week to build, but it was sure worth it.

Our real dinghy is now back from repairs, so we no longer have to deal with the one we were borrowing from the marina. It's smaller, but it runs nicely, and is much easier to operate than the other one.

I had my first locally made desert here. Naturally being my moms birthday, it was a birthday cake. It was made from all natural ingredients, and didn't have that super sugary flavour of Canadian birthday cakes. Personally, I like the overly sweet ones better...

Finally, I'd like to remind you that the deadline for submitting your questions is tomorrow. Remember, enjoy taking the time to ask questions, or else you may someday look back on it with regret.

Update!

Remember when we arrived in Guatemala and I made that post about the huge spider we found? Well I found him, and my dad killed him good. Take that you son of a bitch!

I was going into the salon to get a drink, and on my way down I saw him siting on the door frame of the port side pilot door, so I called my dad and he came up to finish the job. Now the spider was too agile to simply beat to death, so we took a bottle of hornet spray, and smothered the guy. That stuff is like spray paint! With him incapacitated, dad took a walking stick and smashed him. Afterwards, we threw it overboard, now the fish can have it.

1 comment: