Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Secret Mission

So the other day I mentioned how I needed to get up early and do something on Sunday. Well, it's Tuesday now, and I guess now is a good time to talk about it. Or perhaps it would be better to keep the story secret for a later date? Hm... Decisions, decisions... I guess it can't hurt at this point.

I got up at six in the morning and got ready to spend the whole day outside. My dad had arranged for a water taxi to pick us up at eight, so we got ready during that time. When seven rolled around, a taxi showed up, and dad had to tell him how we didn't need a ride for another hour. That was fun. An hour later, a different guy showed up and we were on our way.

We traveled down the river, going at a painfully slow pace because my parents wanted to see everything. And I mean everything with no hyperbole. After a while, we arrived at El Golfete, a long narrow lake connecting the Rio Dulce, to the Rio Dulce. Yes, this is just a lake that separates the river into two halves. No matter, soon we arrived at our destination, a small restaurant at the mouth of canyon separating us from the Caribbean Sea. At this restaurant, we met another man who took us in his boat, to show us some property for sale.

Now, we went there, and expected a small house or something, but clearly our expectations were too high. When we got there, all we saw was jungle and swamp. Not exactly a desirable place for retired people. So we returned to restaurant and had some food (a mistake we came to regret), and prepared to return to the boat. When our driver heard about our search for property, he took us to every place he knew that was available. Each one was less disappointing than the last, but none were as bad as the first place. With that finally done after six long hours, we returned to the boat and the mission was done. Another day well spent.

4 comments:

  1. Michael, i am sorry for not posting! I will publish my questions later tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dustin, I'm happy to see you posting. I hope you have been enjoying my adventures.

      Delete
  2. Why did i get the same driving examiner as timberlea at the downtown location?...

    ReplyDelete