Saturday, July 21, 2012

Journey to the South - Side Story #1

Over the course of this trip there have been some stories that I have neglected to mention over the past few weeks. This could be because I was too tired or not interested in posting them, but now that I have these lazy days on the river, this is a good time to do it.

I call this little story ~ Sonic and the Hen ~



~ Sonic and the Hen ~

Last week we were in Palenque, Mexico just before we arrived in Guatemala. As I said previously, it's very hard to find a hotel which takes dogs in Mexico, and we happened to find one, but they had no cabins left. They generously sold us a place to park (seriously?), and we stayed there for the night. 

Now because they allowed dogs, it wasn't any problem leaving the dogs outside, they aren't vicious or anything, so no problem. However, the dog that the hotel owner had was a problem. This dog was just nasty and mean to my dogs. It came up and sniffed the dogs like any other, but then it got really aggressive and started harassing Sonic. You can be sure that Sonic and Molson didn't like that (Lola didn't really care), and they chased him off. 

That was it for the night, but the real trouble would come tomorrow morning...

After an awful sleep in the truck, I went to the washroom and got ready for the final drive to the yacht. After coming out of the bathroom I saw Lola creeping around the main area, so I grabbed her and brought her to the truck. I saw Molson lying down, but no Sonic. I asked my mom where he was, then I heard it.

"Roo roo roo!" "Bok bok bo-boook!"

I turned around and saw a hen jump out of the bushes, and right on its tail was Sonic going full speed. My parents were horrified by this, and ran after him, hoping he wouldn't kill the chicken. They raced through the jungle, and there he was with the chicken in his mouth. He hadn't actually hurt it, as he had no idea what to do with it. He just sat there with the chicken screaming in his mouth. My mom grabbed him, and jumped into the truck and drove off without a word to anyone...

2 comments:

  1. I got a good giggle out of this story. Oh Sonic, such a cute chomper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone loves chicken meat including Sonic.

    ReplyDelete