Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Texas Food

With my rant against Texas over with, I suppose it's time to fill you in with the food reports as I promised you. This will cover the new restaurants exclusive to America, and those not available in Fort McMurray. So without further ado, let's go.

First off, is Rudy's, a Texas based restaurant that specializes in smoked meats. If you've ever seen an episode of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, you know what is being served here. Essentially, they give you a loaf of bread, a giant potato covered in spicy sausage, and a variety of smoked meats to make your own sandwich.

I'm kind of conflicted about the food. As a base, everything is fine on its own, but when everything is combined it becomes way too much. I like meat, but even I think that this is too much, and really goes beyond what is acceptable food. The meats were all smoked well, and the quality isn't at issue, but the extreme quantity.

The meal came with a large backed potato, easily the size of large grapefruit, and it was covered with cottage cheeze, cheddar cheese, and spicy sausage. I had a piece of sausage, and game the rest away to my dogs. It wasn't bad, but again it was too much. The meal also came with homemade cream corn and coleslaw, both were good and tried to balance out the meat.



Next is the fast food chain Sonic. This is 50's nostalgia restaurant that tries to bring back the old style drive ins. You park your car, order into a voice box, and a waitress roller-skates up to the car with your food. It's a nice novelty, but you can see why it wouldn't work too well in Fort McMurray, perhaps Lethbridge could get away with it?

The food itself was something else. I got taters with my meal, nothing special,and I would wager a bet that they're actually just frozen taters. The burger itself, was odd, good but peculiar. It tasted exactly like A&W's burgers, it seemed eerie. Perhaps they have the same parent company, but I don't know...

I also had their nation famous Limeade, and it was a mixed bag. The drink tasted good, but 90% of the cup was filled with packed up crushed ice, making it feel like a lack of content for price.




That's all for today, tomorrow I'll talk about some more American eats!

2 comments:

  1. He has me going to fucking do the food report when I'm there on business....Ali go do your own travelling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude is always thinking about food, we both knew that this was coming.

      Delete