Friday, July 6, 2012

Brockville - Updated!

I wasn't expecting to leave Ottawa this soon, but my dad was getting impatient and pulled the plug today. After one last visit to the Guatemalan Embassy (a very underwhelming place), we hit the highway and left Ottawa for the last time. We didn't get very far as it was 4pm when we got out of the city, so we decided to pack it in early, and stop at Brockville, the last city before entering America.

My best friend used to live in Brockville, so I knew that it was a very nice town. However I wasn't quite expecting it to be this nice.

The simplest way to put it in my mind, is that Brockville is like a little piece of Vancouver Island situated in southern Ontario. The town has a beautiful waterfront on the St. Lawrence River, with a mixture of old styled buildings, and 21st century sensibilities.

This is a very touristy town. You can tell that this is a place that people from Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal like to travel to on their boats, but none-the-less, it's a remarkably beautiful city. For my last night in Canada, I can hardly think of a better place to sleep, than the little city on the St. Lawrence.



















In lighter news, I bought two candy bars from the hotel vending machine, and I got one for free!






2 comments:

  1. Nice hope you went downtown to king street and walked the cobblestone streets, also last i remember the thousand island mall wasnt that shabby. Cant wait to see the pics

    ReplyDelete