Sunday, July 29, 2012

Conservation Pt. 2

Originally I was going to post about my super secret mission I went on today, but something even more important happened, so the cryptic secrets will have to wait. This deals with conservation rant I had the other day, and it is something that I only discovered today. Be wary, as this is some heavy stuff, and brings a dramatic realization to something I never even comprehended as possible.

Remember how I said we had to be careful with running out of electricity? Good, because this is even worse... It turns out, that it's costing us $53 US a day to power the boat! Can you imagine that? In one month, it'll cost $1643! This is in American funds people!

I knew that as an old boat, efficiency would be a problem, but this is ridiculous. What's worse, is that the air conditioner is roughly around 95% of the energy costs. Do you guys know how hot it is here every single day? It's normal for it to be in the mid thirties during sunlight, with extremely high humidity, and in the darkest hour it's still near the high twenties with the same humidity.

In the spirit of conservation, I want you guys to learn this lesson from me. Ditch your old crummy appliances, and buy new energy efficient ones. I know it's expensive, but over time you'll save a lot of money in your utility fees. And even if you can't change your appliances, spend a little more money and get energy efficient light bulbs. You'll save money, and you'll help make the planet a little bit better. Energy costs are no laughing matter, think smart and save green.

In other news, for those of you who have posted questions. Thank you. For those who haven't, remember that you have until noon on August 2nd to submit your questions to me. Be cool and Ask Ingram. Or not, but then you wouldn't be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment