Monday, June 18, 2012

Downtown

Yesterday, the dogs ran out of food, and it was left to me to get them some more. As is tradition in Ontario, businesses close early on Sunday, so I left early this morning on a quest for dog food.

On my quest to find dog food, I decided to not go to the place I knew would have the food, but would instead go to downtown Ottawa. So today I woke up early, and took a bus down historic Bank St., a major artery in Ottawa. In fact, Bank goes all the way passed the house, and down to Parliament Hill.

After a twenty minute drive, I arrived at the Rideau Centre, the largest mall in downtown Ottawa, which is a few minutes away from Parliament. The Rideau Centre is impressive, three layers of stores that give off an intimidating vibe. Despite its massive size, the RC is extremely, disappointing; this is th RC in a nutshell:

Clothes store, clothes store, clothes store, cafe, clothes store, clothes store, jewelry store, clothes store.

I guess most malls are like that, but with the layout of the RC, it's just obnoxious. One point of interest I found when at the RC, is that in one little area, they have maple leaves with all the provinces in them. I looked around looking for Alberta, and finally found it off on it's in the shadows.

 
Failing to find any dog food, I left the mall and returned back to Billings Bridge, successfully finding some in the small Independent Grocers.

Here are some pics of Parliament Hill taken from the bus.



 My uncle is metal smith who worked on all the roofs on Parliament.




2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see the peace tower photo again and your uncle is so great.
    We had been in Ottawa many years ago, I like the river beside Parliament.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both the Ottawa and Rideau rivers are wonderful.

      Delete