Monday, June 25, 2012

Tomorrow

Tomorrow we will be leaving Ottawa, and heading out into the wild. I'm going to be leaving the comforts of the capital, and head out to Timmins Ontario. Most of you probably have heard of Timmins, but I doubt you've ever seen the place. Imagine Fort McMurray, but it's trapped in 1985, all the little things that we take for granted are missing with no chance of them appearing.

My mother comes from northern Ontario, so inevitably we had to go there some time. Her mother is very old and in poor health, so we are obligated to going no matter what. I'd be lying if I said I was looking forward to going. Being raised so far away in Alberta, makes me rather estranged with this branch of my family. Truthfully, I feel like the friends I left behind in Fort McMurray are more of a family to me, but I still must make the effort to have a good time.

I don't know if I'll have any internet up there, so the blog might be silent for about a week. I haven't given up on it, it's just I might not have an internet connection. Regardless, I'll see you all next time!

5 comments:

  1. Oy, what about the friends who were in university in Edmonton and now live in Calgary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those people fall under the Fort McMurray umbrella.Everyone whether it is you, Taylor, Dustin, or whoever else. Everyone except that bastard too lazy to read my posts.

      Delete
  2. Also I would hope you write the blog and just post up the missed updates when you get internet again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still reading, Michael, though the other day I tried to post a comment on a previous post and my computer was being too slow and annoying so I gave up.

    Also, you should start posting dog pics on your blog. Sometimes the twitter links don't work and I'm too lazy to search for your twitter account :P

    -Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are following your adventurs from that we learned lots of new interesting things. I checked the google map yeasterday and knew where Panamn is. We will continue to read your stories.

    ReplyDelete