Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mechanic to You

Today I had the truck repaired. For those of you who know me well, you know that the truck has been having electrical issues, so my dad bought a new alternator to install.

Being that the truck is in a poor state, I didn't want to risk driving it to a garage, so I looked up mobile mechanics, and very quickly found one in about five seconds. After giving the guy a quick phone call, I arranged for him to come over this afternoon to install this part.


Never in my life have I had such a pleasant relationship with an auto mechanic. I'm used to the guys in Fort McMurray taking for ever to do their job and charging an arm and a leg. But this guy took about an hour, and it cost $130 with tax! If this was Fort McMurray, it would have taken an entire day, and cost $500.

Currently, Ottawa is going through a monstrous heatwave. With humidity, it felt like 44degrees outside. Yet despite the heat, the mechanic did his job without complaining one bit. He even found a defect in the part I gave him, and fixed it at no cost. This guy is a truly respectable mechanic, and the mechanics back in Fort McMurray could learn a thing or two from him.

1 comment:

  1. One time, Fountain Tire changed one tire for me, when i got home, i found it was wrong side, i had to drive back had the tire changed again. We all said nothing, just let the work done. Seems llike you really enjoyed the mechanic work.

    ReplyDelete