Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Giant Tiger

Today, the weather prevented my uncle from going to work, as if weather is bad, it's too dangerous to do his job. Since he was off, he decided to take some time to do some errands, and me being sick of the house, decided to accompany him.

First we went to the mall, and I took out some money to pay for installing a new alternator on my truck. Found a mechanic who'll actually come to the house and install it. Fortunate since I don't think the truck will be going anywhere without it.

Following that, we looked around at a few stores. Apparently my aunt doesn't like window shopping, so this was a rare instance of where my uncle could stop to look at things. He looked at different shoes, but ultimately decided that he didn't need any new ones. After that, he headed for Tim Hortons, where my uncle had some soup, and decided to have chili in all my western Canadian glory. The chili was fairly good, but they need to store it in a manner so that it's not scalding hot when you eat it...

Afterwards, we left the mall and headed for Giant Tiger, the main place where my uncle wanted to go. For those of you who have never seen a Giant Tiger, it's a Canadian discount store that is kind of like a cross between Wal-Mart, and the Dollar Store. 

The Giant Tiger we went to, was actually the head quarters of the whole company. Part of the building was an office building, the other part was an actual store. Now when I say Wal-Mart and the Dollar Store, I mean that. This store which is meant to be the flagship store, looks like it hasn't been changed in twenty years. I'm not a big fan of Wal-Mart, but Wal-Mart is the Ritz compared to this place.

We grabbed some laundry detergent, and six quarts of chocolate milk. My uncle goes crazy for chocolate milk, he loves it more than anything else in this world. Too bad he doesn't know about the superior Alberta Lucerne chocolate milk, drinking only Beatrice. But that's life I suppose.  

1 comment:

  1. The Giant Tiger store is new to me; next time, when I go to Ottawa, I will know this store. Also, lots of people love chocolate that is their favourite food.

    I bought pets’ food from Wal-Mart. I do not know how long I will continue to service the two hamsters whose smell makes me so dizzy.

    ReplyDelete