Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Wawa

Today we left Fort Frances, and conquered a good portion of Lake Superior. We traveled virtually non top all day, only refueling briefly in Thunder Bay. At about 7pm, we arrived in the small town of Wawa, with a population of about 3000 people.

We looked around for a place to rest for the night, using our AMA guide book, we headed for a motel but took a wrong turn and ended up at a place which rents out cabins. Figuring that we may as well stay here, he rented some cabins and prepared for the night.

What good fortune that we did come here. Of all the places that I've stayed at so far, this is by far the best the place. Some pics of the cabin.








We also briefly stopped in Terrace Bay, and they have an awesome lighthouse nowhere near the water.


5 comments:

  1. Good camping area. I have never seen a natural hotel or cabin inside like this. It is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my family traveled through Wawa on our cross-Canada trips. The cabin looks cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wawa is right on the trans Canada, so it is very likely. I'm amazed you know it.

      Delete
  3. Also, I am enjoying your puppy pics on twitter, but I don't have an account on there, so I can't comment. Super cute dogs <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. God damn it Michael pls respond

    ReplyDelete