Sunday, June 24, 2012

Return to Merrickville

I'm not sure if I mentioned this a few weeks ago, but we never actually got the boat to its intended final location. We did get it to my aunts farm in Merrickville, and we did leave it there, but we didn't leave it in the place that it was meant to be left. So after two weeks, we drove back to Merrickville and vowed to park the boat as we intended.

After one very fast hour of traveling (it's amazing how fast it goes after spending entire days doing it), we made our way to the farm and began work on the boat.

The first thing we did was attach a new trailer hitch onto the trailer. The previous one had gotten old and rusted, so it would not lock onto the truck anymore. Therefore we got the part out and worked on attaching it to the trailer. This process went surprisingly smoothly, as I'm used to things rarely going according to plan, but we were able to properly attach the hitch in about five minutes.

After came the long and tedious process of moving the boat into its new location. We realized rather quickly that the space originally selected was too tight. So rather than forcing the boat in, we surveyed the land, and came up with a new spot to park it.

After about an hour of maneuvering the boat around the maze of rocks and trees, we finally found an area clear enough to back the boat it. Carefully we backed it in (killing many small trees in the process), and covered it up to protect it from the elements.





 The pond Molson jumped in. It makes me think of Pikmin.


 All done. I hope to never see that thing again!

After we parked the boat, we headed into town. My dad wanted to head straight home, but I heard there was a store that specialized in model trains, and as a train afficienado, I just had to stop by. I entered the store and looked around. The cheapest engine they had was $75, I died a little bit inside looking at those prices, and left for home.

A cute looking towel holder I saw in a shop nearby.




2 comments: