Sunday, June 3, 2012

Manitoba

After a brief stay in Saskatchewan, we barreled into Manitoba with the fury of a bullet train passing under Mt. Fuji. Manitoba is surprisingly easy to pass through, we traveled through Brandon, Portage La Prairie, and Winnipeg as if they were nothing. After leaving Winnipeg, we found it too late to carry on to Ontario, but foolish to head back to Winnipeg. Therefore we traveled to Steinbach, MB.

I know most of you never heard of Steinbach, some of you even take pride in your ignorance (you know who you are). But Steinbach has a rather unfortunate reputation. Steinbach is known nationwide as being the city which uses bullets to put down stray dogs. It's hard to believe that such a small and unimposing town like Steinbach has such a reputation, but there it is.

I'll admit, Steinbach doesn't seem too bad on the surface. Frankly it reminds me of Lac La Biche; small but full of character. Despite that, I can't look at this town like any of the others I've visited. This place will always be the dog killing town to me.

1 comment:

  1. I heard that there are more than one thousand lakes in Manitoba. You have lots of interesting stories for us.

    ReplyDelete