Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Lasalle Street

In western Ottawa there is a small street no longer than half a kilometer running down between Bank St. and Heron Road. This street is home to my grandparents house, and has existed since 1956. For a city like Ottawa, the Lasalle area is not that old, in fact it was opened the same year that my dad was born. All of the houses here are the same ones that were there when the street opened, and from looking around you can see the love that people put into the community.





Despite all the politics and bureaucracy in Ottawa, being here really has a slow and peaceful vibe to it. Down here there is parliament, no grand machine, or empire building. Just people living their lives day by day. It makes me nostalgic for my childhood in Edmonton, and frankly there is no place I would rather be.

3 comments:

  1. The house must be your grandparents' house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was. My grandparents passed away in 2010, so my aunt and dad both inherited the house. Because of that we are staying there with her family.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you have a checkpoint of sorts to rest during your journey- especially since it's somewhere you feel comfortable and happy.

    Good luck Michael, and enjoy the experience :P

    ReplyDelete