Saturday, June 30, 2012

Iroquois Falls Pt2

After leaving the cabin and heading for the hotel, we met up with my moms side of the family at her older sisters house. Two of her three older sisters and their husbands were there, my cousin, her husband and her daughter were also there. You might remember that a few days ago, I was talking about how these people are related to me, I don't really consider them family as such. Perhaps it's my sentimentality getting to me, but I feel this changing slightly.

Over the course of this trip, I feel like I've gotten to know my mothers oldest sister better. As she talks about things in general, I see a lot of myself in her. Her fascination with history, being a fan of Arsene Lupin, and just her personality in general. I'm glad that I was able to come here and properly meet her as an adult. For that alone this trip was worth it.

Her daughter is someone who I also don't know well. The last time that I remember meeting her was in 2000, so naturally I didn't really remember anything about her. On the other hand, being 15 years older than me really helps her remember who I am. Her kindness and warmth was something I wasn't quite expecting, and it was very nice. Her daughter is also quite lovely, she became fast friends with my dogs and played with them in ways I haven't seen in a long time.

In other news, someone complained about me not posting any pictures of food. So here is a burger I had today from a stand on main street.


It's real homemade, and is one of the best burgers I've had on this trip. It's not processed or out of a box, but a patty formed and cooked from fresh Ontario beef. Really good, I love burgers, and this really stands out.


1 comment:

  1. You really have a big family there, your mom's family members are very nice to you, and you really enjoyed the homemade burgers.

    ReplyDelete